Wednesday 30 June 2021

All The Books I Have Read for Pride Month!

Hello!

It is pride month and so this year I challenged myself to only read wlw books for the month! I have a lot on my TBR and I have managed to read 7 books throughout the month. Lets see what I have read (and loved).


1. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid - 5*

OMG this book was so good! I laughed, I cried and by the end I was an emotional wreck. Evelyn is a spectacular character with an amazing, life story to tell full of surprises and you may just fall in love with her like I did!


2. Hani and Ishu's Guide to Fake Dating by Adiba Jaigirdar - 4*


I absolutely love the fake dating trope and this book implements it perfectly! You've got the popular girl and the girl who no one really likes who need each other to get what they want. The developing friendship and relationship is super cute and you will not be able to put it down.


3. Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli - 4*


This is the sequel to Love, Simon which I loved so I definitely had high hopes! At first Leah's narrative got on my nerves but I soon got into the story and loved returning to Creekwood. There are a few problematic moments in the book but overall I enjoyed the story and the developing relationship between Leah and Abby.


4. Not My Problem by Ciara Smyth - 4*


Another one I loved! Aideen is struggling at school and her mum might be drinking again but instead of trying to solve her own problems, she decides to fix other peoples. A great plot with added in new friendships which grew over the course of the book and there is also a slight trope of enemies to lovers, which is also a favourite of mine!


5. Wilder Girls by Rory Power - 4*


This one is a different pick, more of a YA dystopian novel than a cutesy romance book. The Tox has infiltrated the Raxter boarding school for girls and they are in quarantine with no one leaving the island or breaking the rules. It is very mysterious as the readers are constantly wondering what the Tox is and what it does to the girls but you will definitely want to keep reading on to find out more secrets and lies.


6. The Falling in Love Montage by Ciara Smyth - 5*


My second Ciara Smyth read of the month and I loved this one even more than the first! This is full of romance as the two girls, Saoirse and Ruby create a montage full of the typical tropes found in romance films for a summer of adventure. This book has everything packed in and I didn't want it to end!


7. Her Name in the Sky by Kelly Quindlen - 5*


I think this may be one of the best books I read this month! This book is full of angst and yearning and I could feel everything Hannah goes through while figuring herself out and her feelings for her best friend. It was a tough read in parts but overall it was a book that definitely needs to be read, especially for those struggling with their sexuality and religion.

Have you read any of these books?
Do you have any other recommendations for me?
Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment