Monday 1 April 2024

March 2024 Wrap Up

Hello!

This blog post is all about what I was reading in March!

I read 8 books this month from some 5* stunners to some that were just OK.


The first book I read was The Horror Zine's Book of Monster Stories which is a short story collection of horror stories. I was on the book tour for this with Black Tide Book Tours and you can read my review here.



The second book I read was The Secret Duchess by Jane Walsh provided to my by Netgalley. This is a historical sapphic novel, 3rd in the series and I really enjoy these quick and easy reads.



Book 3 was Signed Sealed Dead by Cynthia Murphy. This is a YA thriller that I raced through and I also went to a Waterstones book event for the author and got my book signed!



Book 4 was The Afterlife Experiment by Sam Weiss which was another Black Tide Book Tour book. It was nothing like anything I've ever read before as it brilliantly bends reality and you can also read my 5* review here.


Book 5 was Where Sleeping Girls Lie by Faridah Àbíké-Íyímídé and this was my second 5* read of the month. A dark academia setting, murder and various serious topics such as grief, trauma and sexual assault, this book was so intense and I couldn't put it down! Faridah was also at the book event with Cynthia so I got both books signed and really enjoyed the evening!



Book 6 was another Netgalley read, The Hotel by Louise Mumford. The premise of this book sounded very creepy with 4 friends exploring an abandoned hotel but it fell a little short for me.


Book 7 and 8 were two books by Holly Bourne; It Only Happens in the Movies and How Hard Can Love Be? I basically only read them because I knew they would be quick reads so I could make room on my bookshelf for new books and they were too young for me so I didn't really enjoy them.





No comments:

Post a Comment