Sunday 12 July 2020

The Mid-Year Freak Out Book Tag!

Hello!
How are we over halfway through the year already??
I first did this book tag last year only 6 months after I had first become a blogger and it was really fun re-reading my answers (2019 post here) and thinking about what my answers for this year could be!

So far I have already read 42 books out of 60 books for my Goodreads challenge and this time last year I had only read 20 so I have already doubled my reading!

1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2020

I loved The Henna Wars by Adiba Jaigirdar so much! Also look at how pretty the cover is!



2. Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2020

A Girl Called Shameless which is the sequel to The Exact Opposite of Okay by Laura Steven! Both of these books were so good, Izzy O’Neill being one of my favourite characters of the year for her feminist activism.



3. New release you haven’t read yet but want to

The Hunger Games prequel: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes.


4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year

Loveless by Alice Oseman has just come out and I can’t wait to read it!


I’m also really intrigued about the new Twilight release, Midnight Sun told from the perspective of Edward? It’s similar to the Hunger Games prequel; no one wanted it but we have a morbid fascination with how it’s going to be.

5. Biggest disappointment

Normal People by Sally Rooney

6. Biggest surprise

Apple Tree Yard by Louise Doughty was an interesting book, not usually my thing but it kept me hooked and the ending was definitely a shock!

7. Favourite new author (debut or new to you)

Definitely Laura Steven, I also read her third book The Love Hypothesis this year and her humour is just right on point for everything.


8. Newest fictional crush

I don’t really get fictional crushes from books.

9. Newest favourite character

Izzy O’Neill from The Exact Opposite of Okay is definitely a new favourite. I hope we get more books with her in!

10. Book that made you cry

I don’t think any book I’ve read so far this year has made me cry. 

11. Book that made you happy

I really enjoyed Yes No Maybe So and The Henna Wars.


12. Favourite book to film adaptation you saw this year

The film P.S I Still Love You was a good sequel to the first one To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. I wasn’t a big fan of the books and I definitely like the films better. It is a great film to watch if you are looking for a cute teen romance.

Little women also looks like a really good film and it received good reviews but I haven’t had a chance to watch it yet.

13. Favourite review you’ve written this year

The Memory Wood by Sam Lloyd was the first book I read this year and also my first 5* of the year (review here).

14. Most beautiful book you’ve bought this year (or received)

I love the colours on the book We Set the Dark on Fire.


15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?

I really want to start the books in the Shadow Hunters world, I have The Mortal Instruments series already.

I also want to read The Hunger Games Prequel to see what all the fuss is about.

Another choice from my TBR is definitely getting around to reading The Good Girl’s Guide to Murder and the sequel!

And then of course I really need to start reading many of the Netgalley books I’ve requested but not touched yet, including Pretending by Holly Bourne and Cinderella is Dead by Kalynn Bayron.

Does anyone have any recommendations of books that I should be reading?
How many books have you read so far this year?
Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment