Sunday 30 August 2020

Most Anticipated Books on my TBR!

 Hello!

Do you ever buy a book that you have heard lots about and know it's going to be amazing so you just leave it on your shelf for a long time never being read?? Or you buy a book for the hype but then don't want to pick it up in case it disappoints you? This is me! For this post I am going to go through some of my most anticipated reads (new and old) that are on my bookshelf that will probably take me a very long time to pick up!


1. The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins


Obviously The Hunger Games are a very big franchise that many people loved, me included, and once I heard about this prequel that focuses on Snow as a young mentor for someone in the games, I was concerned but also curious. I have no idea when I will eventually get around to this but I'm pretty sure it won't be for a while!

2. We Set the Dark on Fire by Tehlor Kay Mejia

I have heard lots of good things about this book and it sounds really good so I bought it a few months ago but I haven't got around to reading it yet.


3. A Good Girl's Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson


I love a good YA murder mystery and this has been on my TBR ever since it was released and I even have the sequel but that still hasn't encouraged me to read them both!


4. Queenie by Candice Carty-Williams


I have also heard great things about this book and only recently bought it the other week. I also love the cover!


5. Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer


Similar to The Hunger Games Prequel, this book is a part of the Twilight universe but is told from the perspective of Edward. Once again we didn't really want this but now its here it's a kind of curiosity to see what it's like. I was a big fan of Twilight when I was younger so I had to buy it and see what all the fuss is about but who knows when I'll actually read it! (It's 800+ pages!)


6. The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon


I don't really know much about this one but a lot of people seem to love it and have hyped it up so I had to buy it but it's huge (another 800 page book)! I think the size is putting me off with this one but I will definitely read it one day!


7. You Should See Me in a Crown


This book sounds so good! I have heard lots of good things on twitter and I am excited to read this one so this may be read sooner than I think!


Do you have the same problem as me?
Which books are on your shelf that you are struggling to pick up?
Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment