Sunday 10 January 2021

My 2021 Blog and Reading Goals!

 Hello!


This time last year I set out 5 goals for my blog and reading right here. Firstly lets take a look at what I was hoping for in 2020!


1. Post more frequently and consistently.

Well this definitely didn't happen! I got a job and also lost quite a bit of motivation last year towards my blog so my posts became rather irregular.


2. Get to know more people in the book community.

I did quite well with this one! In November I joined a #NetGalleyNovember2020 group chat on Twitter that was focused on reducing our NetGalley shelf throughout the month. A few from that chat then went on to make a book club group which I am part of - The Tsundoku Squad. We have become quite a close knit group and we love talking about books and everything else!


3. Read more books.

In 2020 I set my Goodreads challenge to 60 and I managed to read 75! This is definitely thanks to lockdown for giving me more time to read!


4. Expand my reading genres.

Unfortunately looking back over the year this didn't really happen for me and I think this is mainly due to Covid because I just wanted to escape from the world with a book that I knew I would enjoy rather than try something new.


5. Don't buy more books!

This also didn't happen! I have started growing my Stephen King collection and I bought many books over 2020 that I no longer have any rooms on my shelves!


So, clearly my goals weren't much of a success in 2020 but I think we can all agree that last year is one that will want to be forgotten about by many people!



My goals for 2021!


1. Beat the backlog and stop buying more books to add to my never ending TBR!

This year I am really going to try and read more books that I already own, rather than buying more and I will also be using the library more often.


2. Expand my reading.

I'm definitely going to try harder to read more diverse books and a wider genre this year.


3. Focus more on my blog and increase connections.

I really want my blog to grow this year and I want to commit to creating more blog posts on a regular basis.


4. Read even more books.

Last year I read 75 and even though it was under different circumstances due to more time available because of lockdown, I want to put more time aside to read books and try and read even more books this year.


5. Read some series that have been on my mind for years.

I really want to read the Shadow Hunters series at some point, I also want to finally read The Vampire Diaries books and The Morganville Vampires if only so I can get rid of them for more shelf space!


Have you made any goals for 2021?

Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment