Thursday 2 January 2020

Blog and Reading Goals 2020!



2020 is here! A new year and a new decade. It's almost my one year blog anniversary and I can't believe I've made it this far! I didn't make any resolutions last year as I didn't want to put any pressure on this new experience of mine but now I've decided to make some goals for this new year ahead for me and my blog.



1. Post more frequently and consistently.

Last year I just posted after I'd read and reviewed a book or when I'd done a tag which wasn't consistent at all. This year I want to try and post more (hopefully weekly) and also vary what I post about.


2. Get to know more people in the book blog community.

I want to talk to and make friends with book people on Twitter and not be as shy in the community. I follow a lot of great bloggers and would love to talk to these people. I also want to comment more on other blogs.

3. Read more books.

For the past 4 years my reading goal has been 30 books a year and I have always made it and this year I even surpassed it, reaching 50 books! This year I have set my target to 60 books and I hope I can push myself just a little more to reach it.

4. Expand my reading genres.

The majority of my reading so far has been young adult, thrillers and mysteries and this year I want to expand my reading and read more classics and contemporary novels. I also read some horror books for the first time this year during October which I really enjoyed so I will read more horror.

5. Don't buy more books!

I am going to put a real effort in this year to not buy any more books and just read the ones I already have, although gifts won't count and I have a Waterstones voucher still to spend! 


2 comments:

  1. Omg! I need to stop buying books as well. I have a bad habit of finishing a book and then immediately going to find a new book at the store. My poor neglected books. Lol.

    Great list!
    Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The struggle of avoiding new books! Thanks for the luck, I will definitely need it.

      Delete